Frequently Asked Questions
Local, Family Owned Auto Body Experts
Unfortunately, most of our customers meet us ‘by accident’.
Let’s face it, most people don’t get into car accidents every day. Many of you have NEVER had an accident. So, if you’re reading this, it probably means your hot streak has come to an end! We work with people just like you every day…you’re new to the auto collision world and you’re not sure how to proceed.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular questions our clients ask us in hopes it helps you in this stressful moment.
Whether it was a car accident, hail or storm damage, the unfortunate deer strike, or even the errant baseball from the neighbor’s yard, we can get your car, truck or SUV in ‘back-to-new’ condition.
Most frequent questions and answers
No. A car is a total loss only when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance company’s determined value of your vehicle. Nowadays, most cars are built using unibody (frame and body as one) construction. Our highly skilled technicians, with the aid of our state-of the-art computer measuring system, can return your vehicle to its original factory specifications. If it’s determined that the frame section is bent beyond repair, that section can simply be replaced.
Claim numbers are issued by your insurance company at the time you report your accident. Just jot it down and bring it in with you when you come in to begin the repair process, we will do the rest.
Our modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized top-quality water based Axalta paints. We have made a major investment in the finest paint system available and constantly upgrade its technology and equipment to ensure that each vehicle’s paint matches. We take special pride in our ability to match factory finishes as the final step in the restoration process. We Are All Green…
We can give you an initial target date of completion. This is only a target date not a definite date. Estimates are written on visual inspection and vehicles are very intricate under the surface and require intense inspection after tear down. Once tear down is completed and availability of parts are researched, the target date will be updated.
If you need a rental car, we can help you make the necessary arrangements. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy or if you are the claimant. Check your policy and/or call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and what your specific limitations are.
You will be notified when your vehicle is ready to be picked up. Feel free to call or email us during the repair process if you have questions or concerns.
Yes. We guarantee all repairs of workmanship to your vehicle. Parts and paint are subject to manufacturers’ limited warranties.
The amount of deductible that you will be responsible for is determined by your insurance policy. Insurance companies determine fault by your account of the accident when you make the claim and by reviewing the accident report filed with the police department. If you aren’t sure about your deductible, you can call your agent and he can tell you whether your insurance company has waived your deductible or whether you will be responsible to pay this when you pick up your vehicle.
It will be your responsibility to pay us when you pick up your vehicle. If you aren’t sure about your deductible, you can call your agent and he can tell you whether your insurance company has waived your deductible or whether it will be your responsibility.
The easiest and most convenient way to pay for your portion of the repairs to your vehicle is with only cash or check.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS
- Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
- Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Also, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
- Do not wax or polish the vehicle. This will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.
Since 1986, Pocono Motion Body Shop has provided the Stroudsburg and surrounding Pocono Mountains area with best-in-class auto body & collision repair service. We provide collision repair on all makes and models, frame and unibody repair and replacement, replacement of suspension components, glass replacement, refinish duplication of OEM finishes, and more.
OUR GOAL TO REPAIRING YOUR CAR IS FOUR-FOLD
- RESTORE THE ORIGINAL APPEARANCE
- RESTORE THE PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY OF THE VEHICLE TO ITS ORIGINAL STATE OR BETTER
- PROVIDE LONG LASTING REPAIRS WITH QUALITY PARTS & PAINT
- AND BACK IT UP WITH A ONE YEAR WRITTEN WARRANTY.
- Free Estimates
- Insurance Company Assistance
- One Year Written Warranty
- ASE & I-CAR Certified Techs
- Affordable, No-Nonsense Solutions